Now playing in Jacksonville and Cannes

Fatherland continues its reign over the state of Florida with yet another festival screening - tonight at the Jacksonville Film Festival. I think this marks the fifth festival appearance in The Sunshine State.

This week also begins Fatherland's screening at the Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner. Helpful tip for anyone flipping through the Cannes website - if you click the Union Jack at the top of the page, it will translate itself into English. This would have saved a lot of time while I was filling out my contact info, trying to figure out if Godar was my nom or my prenom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,
I got your name from Michelle Murken, an Iowa classmate and Ames staffer who is now our graphic designer. We're putting together a June 4 special issue for the Newport International Film Festival and we need to find a film reviewer who has seen "Baghead" - there are some press screenings in LA coming up apparently plus it's played at several film festivals already. We need a 150-word capsule review with a 1-5 star rating and can pay a freelancer. Have you seen it or do you know any film writers who have?
I can be reached at editor@newportmercury.com
Thanks,
Janine Weisman
Editor
Mercury
101 Malbone Road
Newport, RI 02840
www.newportmercury.com
(401) 849-3300, ext. 271
(401) 849-3306 fax