Saturday at True/False

I'm back in my hotel room after three docs and the Gimme Some Truth gameshow. This festival is something else. Throngs of people march the streets, from venue to venue, crowding into restaurants and coffee shops along the way. And for what? To catch a glimpse of Tom Cruise, or see a young starlet get arty/naked? No - these crowds are pumped up to see the true face of war and poverty.

This festival is so much about exhibition done right. I've never seen such challenging films greeted with midnight Star Wars premiere enthusiasm before. I will walk away not thinking "I saw this, this and this," but rather "I experienced this festival." I also experienced Shakespeare's Pizza and several Newcastles, and will now slink into bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you have time you should visit Earnies before you leave. It is a great diner style breakfast/lunch place. Enjoy the rest of the festival!

Glenn said...

Hey! that's Esther "Landslide" Stroh & Robert. T/F stalwarts. All that cool shtuff you got in your filmmaker goodie bag? Esther put those together.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Mink.