Kindle Sleeve with free Northern Exposure DVD

With the price on the latest generation Kindle dropping all the way down to $139, I couldn't pass it up.  I often read a few PDF screenplays a week, and have been eying the Kindle just for the savings in printing costs.

But I can't imagine carrying this around in my bag without some kind of protective case.  There are all kinds of Kindle cases on the market, including some very cool ones made from re-purposed book covers.  If you're willing to drop $20 or $30, you can get something really nice.

On the other hand...

The Kindle is almost exactly the size of a DVD.  So if you've got any kind of extraneous DVD packaging - and really, what Special Edition packaging isn't extraneous? - you may already have a totally viable case.

For me, the choice was clear: Northern Exposure Complete First Season DVD. The little zip-up outer cover provides some needed padding for bouncing around in my laptop bag, and the Kindle slides right in.  Now I've got a no-cost sleeve to protect the screen, and when I pull my Kindle out in public, everyone thinks "wow, that guy really likes Northern Exposure."

No comments: