Welcome to My Documentary



After several months of work, I'm proud to announce that the website and trailer for Welcome to Daytrotter are live.  The film is currently in production, but when complete, will be a feature length look at the recording studio / website Daytrotter.  The story of how this group of people built this thing in the Quad Cities caught my attention the first time I heard it, and I believe it resonates with anyone who has ever built any kind of arts project in an unexpected place.

The film is my first foray into documentary, but given my background in filmmaking and journalism, I feel like it's going pretty smoothly.  We hope to finish shooting this summer/fall, then move into post-production.  At the moment, we're targeting January of 2012 to premiere the film.

That said, we need help to tell this story.  Non-fiction films don't have much profit potential, so we, like many films, have adopted a nonprofit model.  We have partnered with NY Arts Group Fractured Atlas so that donations to our film are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.  You can donate online and get some pretty sweet Thank You gifts through our partnership with IndieGoGo.

You can also help us show there is an audience for the film by becoming our fan on Facebook.

The site's been up for less than 24 hours as I write this, and we've got more than 200 fans on Facebook and the trailer is about to go over 1,000 views.  It's a gratifying response.

No comments: